Follow Dr Han :)

Dr Han endorsed

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spinal tap

I received this from a reader few days back however I was too busy lately, could not find the time to reply his question until today....

Here u goes...

pestoLaer_studio has left a new comment on your post "sakit ke ambik air tulang belakang....":

air ketuban isteri saya telah pecah 18 jam lebih awal dpd kelahiran anak saya...iaitu ( isnin ) 12.02.2012 jam 6.05am

anak saya baru dilahirkan( selasa )13.02.2012.jam 2.12am. tetapi pada jam 9.00 am, doc dapati nafas anak saya sangat cepat. hasil pemeriksaan, didapati dalam darah dan air kencing anak saya terdapat kuman. tanpa memberitahu saya, ( khamis )doc itu telah pun menyuntik dan mengambil air tulang belakang anak saya..keputusan nya dalam 5 hari lagi.. esok ( isnin ) 19.03.2012, doc akan berikan keputusan nya...

apakah penyakit anak saya hadapi sampai perlu mengambil air tulang blkg?


My answer:-
Biasanya kalau doktor nak ambik air tulang belakang... Mungkin doktor syak anak anda Kene meningitis ... Atau meningoencephalitis ... Or any other central nervous system issue


apakah risiko pada masa akan datang terhadap anak saya?

My answer :-
Risk or complication after spinal tapping? Next to nothing if the procedure is performed correctly. As an anaesthetist myself ... When I perform spinal anaesthesia for operation, it is basically the same technique for spinal tapping. Average I do up to 10 spinal anaesthesia per day when I am oncall. 99 percent has no complication and alhamdulillah none of my patient came back to me to sue yet for any complication after the spinal anaesthesia.
Spinal tapping will not cause kecacatatan mental. Everyone needs to know this.


adakah anak saya akan normal seperti kanak2 yang lain nanti?

My answer.
Again, as I mentioned before... Spinal tapping will not cause any nerve damage if done correctly.


bolehkah air tulang belakang itu dihasilkan semula apabila anak saya membesar?

My answer:_

Don't worry about it...
U don't have to wait until ur child grow up to reproduce the air tulang belakang.... By the next day, the volume should be back to normal. Cerebrospinal fluid is produced all the time....

ramai orang cakap, risiko nya akan jadi teruk seperti terencat akal, lumpuh dan sbgainya?

My answer-

Ramai org yang cakap tu has no idea what are they talking about.
What actually happened was... Most people who undergone spinal tapping... Already cacat or lumpuh before the spinal tapping .... But, nature of our people... They like to blame doctor....
tlong bantu saya...

-rizal-



I hope I have answer all the questions to his satisfaction
And I m praying hard that his child will turn out just fine
InsyaAllah

No comments: