Follow Dr Han :)

Dr Han endorsed

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

second from death


something wierd happend in the ICU today
something wierd... very wierd.... a bit scary..
but it was such a sweet memory to me..
such a happy ending...

i was doing my round in the icu in the afternoon...
as u all know ... those patient in the icu .. most on them cant really talk coz they are intubated , the ETT stucked in the mouth or nose ... and very much sedated with opiods such as morphine so they dont fight the ventilator..
occay , my point here , i dont really talk to my patient..
we mostly get the history from the family member..
once the patient in the icu is able to talk.. they are send out to the general ward..

occay then... back to the story,
i was reviewing my patient..
focusing on the detail round...
and suddenly i saw someone standing next to me..
a man i recognize..
a man which i couldnt forget his face the rest of my life...

i smiled to him , then asked him " yes sir.... anything i can help u , it has been a while "
he walked toward me and shaked my hand " i am good doctor ... i'm fine  , thank you God "

i shaked his hand and asked him " how's ur wife ......."
before i even completed my sentence .... i was very shocked as i look behind me...
" Assalamualaikum doctor " greeted a lady standing behind me...

" waalaikumussalam..... oh My God " i was paralyzed...
there she was... standing in front of me..
smiling... in a perfectly healthy condition...

a few weeks ago ... she was second from death...
she had a complication after giving birth...
her condition was very severe..
she was fighting for her life...
i was oncalll on that very night...
it was such a scary moment of my life..
i thought i lost her...
but... as the malay saying goes - berpantang maut sebelum ajal ..
she made it..
she turned out occay..
perfectly fine..

thank you ALLAH...
such a miracle..

honestly , not many people survived after such a traumatic situation..
she cheated death..
and i was very happy to see my patient turned out alive and well..
it is such an achivement
it is such a satisfaction...
all the hard work paid off..

doesnt mind the crappy pay..
doesnt mind the extended working hours..
doesnt mind the sleepless night...

the feeling of saving a life... is priceless...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Alhamdulillah syukur..

Anonymous said...

such satisfaction that will makes someone like you feels grateful everyday...isn't it?it was the matter of life or death and it's all in the hands of Allah and He helped you. Alhamdulillah

Suliana said...

alhamdulillah :-)

Unknown said...

amin alhamdulillah...