Follow Dr Han :)

Dr Han endorsed

Monday, August 11, 2008

Melaka


We went for a short trip to the historical city - melacca last week. It was my 2nd time there. My 1st time was .... erm.. 8 years ago I reckon. Back then , the mahkota parade seemed to be a very big shopping mall and A famosa was the place to visit. 8 years ago , I went there via the school visit , so called "lawatan sambil belajar".
I was so eager to see melacca again after so long. The first place I wanted to go was the mahkota parade. It was raining that day so I thought of going to A famosa when the rain is over. As soon as I reached the mahkota parade, the mall suddenly become so small to me. I looked around the mall - it was more like a funeral store , selling the tombstone and what so ever. It's un-lively and it looked very old.

I went to check out the arcade area at the mahkota parade , the 3rd floor. Well, the arcade is still the same as 8 years ago. I remember - about 8 of us , 8 years ago , racing against each other at the daytona simulation racing game. It was a lot of fun. But then , since I've been driving a lot , I didnt have the "urge" to play the game that day.
After a short trip at the mahkota parade , we drove to the dataran pahlawan shopping mall which located about 10 meters away from the mahkota parade. It's actually just opposite the mall, but then the heavy main stopped us from walking. Thanks to my loyal WAJA , ( it's my mom's car actually)

From the dataran pahlawan, we went to the A Famosa. Not many people was there since it was raining and there wasnt any souvenier stores open at all. No souveniers from melacca ... so sad.
But, I'll be back to melacca again next time coz I heard there are a lot more interesting places to visit in melacca.... I'll be back for sure...

5 comments:

Redbloodsnow said...

wahhhhhhh besh nyerrrrrrrrrr pi melakaaaaaaaaa
nk itotttttttttt...hehe

Anonymous said...

rindunya nk g melaka.....huhu...masa study kat utm johor tahun lepas, tiap2 bulan sy turun melaka tau...jalan2 kat sana..hehehehe...:D

Tie said...

Ye lah tu..gi jln2 dgn awek lak..nanti dah start posting baru tau..

mummysyafie said...

psst...shida pakai hbag baru erkk..

Suki Cida said...

hye... salam ziarah... i read this entry... sayangnya... FYI, the souvenier shop kat dlm shopping mall padang pahlawan... kalau u masuk heritage coner, all the shop u been seen waktu lawatan sambil belajar tu telah beralih kat situ...

:) sori been kepoh at ur page...